Bula’bula Arts Aboriginal Corporation provides the artists of Ramingining community and surrounding homelands an outlet to voice the stories of their country through their art.
Bula’bula Arts is a not for profit organisation operating for the benefit of the community by:
- Preserving and fostering Yolngu culture.
- Providing a supportive and happy atmosphere for artists and staff.
- Giving assistance, training and encouragement to artists.
- Providing and outlet for artists to display, market and sell their works.
- Presenting the beauty and knowledge of Yolngu art to Australia and the world.
Ramingining has had an Indigenous art centre since the 1970s, and in 1990 a meeting of senior artists resulted in the decision to establish an independent artists organisation to represent their interests. The name Bula’bula refers to the message embodied in the song-cycle of the area’s principal creative being, Garrtjambal the red kangaroo. More literally, it translates as the tongue, or voice of the kangaroo.
Sorry, there are no products in this collection.