For 40,000 years Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have been harvesting bush tucker off the land and today Aboriginal Bush Traders serves it up with a modern twist.
The unique characteristics of Australian native ingredients have incredible flavours, lots of health benefits and transform a basic dish into something special. Indigenous bush foods are the showpieces of our menu.
Come and try an item from our menu in the new cafe - Shop 4, 19 The Mall, Charles Darwin Centre, Darwin City. Opposite Tourism Top End.
TASTING PLATE AND TOUR
Bush food has been sustaining Indigenous Australians for centuries, and now it is finally getting the recognition it deserves.
Alongside the bush food inspired menu at the ABT café the team have now produced a tasting plate to showcase a variety of bush food ingredients. This experiences also includes bush spice samples and a tour of the gallery and current exhibitions on display.
ABTs Lunch Plate, $62
ABT's lunch Tasting Plate consists of a main, two sides and a dessert. Elements are seasonal, all featuring key bush food ingredients that can be sourced in the NT. A vegetarian option can be prepared on request.
- Roasted kangaroo with bush spices (lemon myrtle, aniseed myrtle, pepperberry and wattleseed) with goat cheese dressing
- Zucchini and corn bush slice with sea celery pickle
- Bush spiced chickpea salad
- Native seasonal dip with Kakadu Tucker dukkah, native-infused oil and crispy bread
- Pavlova nest with rosella cream and flower
ABTs Breakfast Plate, $40
- Bacon and Egg bush spiced pie or Buffalo and Egg wrap with bush tomato relish
- Native fruit-infused granola with yoghurt
- Protein ball with lemon myrtle
- Coffee and Juice
- Vegetarian options provided on request
Both plates can be booked below.
These tours are available all day on Wednesdays, and between 11am and 1pm on select days that coincide with cruise ships visiting Darwin.
If you are interested in a Tasting Plate for another day, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookings must also be made two days prior.
A minimum of two plates must be ordered per sitting.